Life is a lot like the weather…it’s seasonal. It has a way of pushing us into the next season whether we like it or not. And the seasons are constantly changing in our home.
Little ones are growing quickly and want a new adventure to experience everyday while our white-haired loved ones do not want anymore adventures…they just want to tell us about the wild ones they had as young adults and the often challenging seasons of life they experienced years gone by. We have experienced loss, brokenness and desperate grief and yet have celebrated the total opposite of all that.
Regardless of your season in life, you can count on God’s faithfulness. God’s faithfulness is a constant in a season of change.
The word faithful can be illustrated by the image of the strong arms of a father that uphold and protect his helpless child. When the word faithful is used with regard to God, it means that He is worthy of absolute trust, and that we can depend upon Him without doubt or reservation. It is important to understand that God is faithful, not because He does everything we want, but because He does everything that He has promised. 
The following are ways you can depend on God’s forever season of faithfulness:
A. The character of faithfulness is ascribed to God:
- Deuteronomy 7:9 The faithfulness of God keeps covenant and steadfast love…
- Deuteronomy 32:4 The God of faithfulness and without iniquity, just and upright…
- Hosea 11:12 The Holy One who is faithful…
- I Peter 4:19 The faithful creator
B. God is faithful to do all that he has promised:
- Psalm 135:5-7 Whatever the Lord pleases, he does…
- Isaiah 14:27 For the Lord has purposed…who will annul it?
- Ephesians 1:11 We have obtained an inheritance…
- Isaiah 54:10 My steadfast love shall not depart from you…
C. Not one word of all the words that God has spoken has failed:
- Joshua 23:14 …not one word has failed of all the good things that the Lord your God promised…
- I Kings 8:56 …not one word has failed of all his good promise…
- Isaiah 40:8 …the word of God will stand forever.
D. We can trust God to be forever faithful:
- 1 Thessalonians 5:24 The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.
- 2 Timothy 2:13 …if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.
- Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
- 1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
There are seasons in the lives of all when it is not easy to believe that God is faithful. However, remember this: “Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.” Psalm 36:5
We can look upwards to the stars of night, and see the “faithfulness” of God “established” in the material heavens. Our unfaithfulness to trust never alters the faithfulness of God. 
“I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.” Psalm 4:8
How are you experiencing God’s faithfulness in your season of life?
 The One True God, Paul Washer │ The Faithfulness of God, John Macduff